[Magdalen] From Dio Maryland

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:23:42 UTC 2015

This just came into my email box and I thought I would share it for
information, not necessarily dissection.
Lynn

[May 1, 2015] The office of Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine
Jefferts Schori has released information concerning Heather Cook of the
Diocese of Maryland. Pursuant to Title IV of the Canons of The Episcopal
Church, the Presiding Bishop and Bishop Cook have reached an Accord.  Under
the terms of the Accord, Bishop Cook will receive a Sentence of Deposition,
pursuant to which she shall be "deprived of the right to exercise the gifts
and spiritual authority of God's word and sacraments conferred at
ordination."
As such, Cook will no longer function as an ordained person in The Episcopal
Church. The Accord resolves all ecclesiastical disciplinary matters
involving Cook.
This Accord is separate from any resolution of employment matters involving
Cook and the Diocese of Maryland as well as from criminal matters pending in
the secular courts.

Title IV http://www.episcopalchurch.org/files/candc_2009pp123-166.pdf

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com