[Magdalen] PB nominees

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat May 2 21:21:04 UTC 2015

On 02/05/2015 17:17, Christopher Hart wrote:
> Michael Curry is most certainly an amazing preacher, but how big a part of
> the PB's job is preaching. I heard from someone (don't recall whom and it's
> just hearsay) that he's NOT a really good administrator. I don't get a vote
> either (except that I do in the confirmation process), but if I were voting
> I think Ian Douglas would be my choice.

I hadn't thought about that.  In the past GC has confirmed the election
of bishops elected shortly before GC, and the election of the PB by the
HoD assenting to the election by the HoB.  Presumably now the outgoing
PB has to notify all the bishops with jurisdiction and the Standing
Committees to get their consent.  It would be rather embarassing if a
majority of either group declined their consent.

Roger