[Magdalen] DX: Humiliation by Fainting

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Sun May 3 01:05:13 UTC 2015

I fainted yesterday.  Other that usually fainting on medical treadmills, I
have never fainted on my own.  But I did yesterday.

I was at a Marriage and Family Therapy conference in Jekyll Island, GA.
When I stood up to walk out to lunch, I lost my legs ... this happens
frequently with me, several times a day and sometimes I get mildly dizzy
until 'my body catches up with itself.'  But, tomorrow the dizziness was
profound.  My knees buckled and I was able to catch myself, but then I
thought, 'you  are going to fall.'  I don't remember the actual fall.  When
I awoke, throngs of marriage and family therapists were hovering, and one
man would not let me sit up until someone brought orange juice.  So, I sat
up and I stood up, ready to leave and tell John what I had done.  But,
no...the hotel had called EMS, for insurance purposes.  SIGH.  Four guys
came and checked me out.  BP 157/74.  Heart rate 71.  O2 96.. Blood sugar
98, 15 minutes after the orange juice administered.  So, probably low blood
sugar.  I had some angina for a few hours and a headache.  All of a sudden
I felt much better.  John and I even walked on the beach in the late
afternoon.  Yes, yes, I'll get my doc to check me out further.

I am hoping and praying that this little episode will not postpone my
surgery, which is May 19.  Please hold that thought with me.

Thanks,
Ginga