[Magdalen] Youth Sunday

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun May 3 22:18:55 UTC 2015

One of the other traditions at Reformation, which I missed by being in
Tennessee, is a dinner which the youth put on for the senior members of the
church, to thank us for "being good examples for them as they have grown
up." I think that's a really nice tradition. The kids plan, cook, and serve
the dinner *and* clean up afterwards.

I've been really impressed with these kids all along. There are around 30
of them, all told, middle and high school together, and they seem to be a
really tight bunch. They're generally active in church life, acolyting,
reading lessons, and some of the older ones teach Sunday school or do the
children's sermon. I think they're distributed among a couple of high
schools and 2 or 3 different middle schools, so they have some contact
through the week.