[Magdalen] Youth Sunday

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon May 4 17:10:08 UTC 2015

From: Lynn Ronkainen

>Episcopalian worship comes in slightly different flavors.  There are larger
>churches able to keep every day on the calendar with its appropriate Holy or

Having traveled around the country over the years (especially in the early 1980s
when I was travelling a lot, I think "slightly" may be something of an
understatement.

>From English Catholic traditions to Mediterranean Catholic traditions, to
Eastern Orthodox traditions to "can’t tell the difference from the Methodists"
low church traditions and more recently aggressively inclusive language
tradition there a dozens of quite different "flavors" found in the Episcopal
Church. And then there are the parishes with a Pentecostal approach -- and a few
TEC parishes that joined the speaking in tongues brigade. About the only thing I
haven't heard of or run into directly in TEC parishes was snake handling <g>

But I'm thinking more of the past 20 years or so, especially after RC families
came to TEC parishes because they had young boys , for example. Betrayal by
their church doesn’t translate to changing their idea of what "church" should
be.

Cheers,
Jim