[Magdalen] Tickle Box Repair - The Priest and the Pilot

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon May 4 19:36:07 UTC 2015

A priest dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates.  Ahead of him is a guy
who's dressed in sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket, and jeans.  Saint
Peter addresses this cool guy, 'Who are you, so that I may know whether or not
to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?'

The guy replies, ' I'm Bruce, retired airline pilot from Toronto.'

Saint Peter consults his list.  He smiles and says to the pilot, 'Take this
silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom.' The pilot goes into Heaven
with his robe and staff.

Next, it's the priest's turn.  He stands erect and booms out, 'I am Father John,
pastor of Saint Mary's for the last 43 years.'

Saint Peter consults his list.  He says to the priest, 'Take this cotton robe
and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom.

'Just a minute,' says the good father.  'That man was a pilot and he gets a
silken robe and golden staff and I get only cotton and wood.  How can this be?
'
Up here - we go by results,' says Saint Peter.  'When you preached - people
slept.  When he flew, people prayed.'

Cheers,
Jim

"The enemy isn’t liberalism;
the enemy isn’t conservatism.
The enemy, is baloney." - Lars Erik Nelson