[Magdalen] Baptism refused...

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:20:27 UTC 2015

Mom probably was the trouble-maker.  She knew how important the event was
to her own mother (TEC convention, K City, 1940) for whom these things were
major.

Mom knew it would really hurt my grandmother, and so she was pretty upset.
She said to the alleged minister that they would certainly be honoring
their pledges and so forth, but so far as he was concerned, "From now on, I
am luke warm."

The way Mom said those last words made them sound really pretty awful.
Don't mess with Mom...

My brother and his wife knew the driving motivator and while they placed no
significance in the church at all, they also adored my grandmother, and
would never have done anything to hurt her.  They also were honest.

Sorry, I don't have too much info about particulars, so if anyone wants to
interpret it to make my family out to be a bunch of twits and the church
blameless, then by all means do whatever makes your heart sing.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford