[Magdalen] Baptism refused...

Jo Craddock jocraddock at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:44:40 UTC 2015

That would not be me. I was just curious, if, e.g., the parents wanted a
baptism for some secular reason (cynical me thinks $$) and were not
willing, nor had anyone, to make the promises on behalf of the child
your alleged minister required (bringing her up in the faith, etc.).

Perhaps the only twit thing was the person requesting it not baptizing
her, on their own.

While I think we miss the boat, in some instances, involving families
more in the life of the church with the easy-peasy instruction our
current rector calls for, I am ever-more grateful for his "anyone,
anytime, anywhere" approach to baptism (and funerals).

Peace,
Jo