[Magdalen] trying to sell my house

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:55:29 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 5:33 AM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:

> It should also be noted that both the RCs and Episcopalians have
> closed/old of monasteries and convents because they cannot be economically
> viable nowadays.  A Benedictine group under catholic authority and
> obedience wouldn’t be trying to reinvent the wheel, suspect/ Under whose
> authority does your Benedictine Community operate?

Our community is working toward the number of professed members required
for canonical recognition by the Episcopal Church...sorry - The Episcopal
Church. So far we have a letter of recognition and blessing from Archbishop
Rowan of Canterbury. We have a bishop companion (+Michael Garrison,
retired, of SW Florida, I think?) and a chaplain (Fr. Rob Price, rector of
St Dunstan's, Houston -- Hi, Lynn R!). Both Bp. Michael and Fr. Rob attend
the convocation every six months if at all possible.

St. Meinrad Archabbey should be financially viable for quite some time, as
it's got an extensive network of alumni (they used to run St. Meinrad
College) and income from the guest house, continuing education, seminary,
printing business, and notably Abbey Press, the kitsch factory...er,
Christian gifts retailer.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA