[Magdalen] Golden Harps are Sounding

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon May 18 18:03:46 UTC 2015

Amazing performances!

OK cradles hand the rest of you and you know who you are), who can sing at least
the first verse of the hymn references above?

T had to learn it on the piano to play for great- Aunt Nettie when I was about 6
or 7. Worse was the fate of my cousins, who were all forced to learn it on the
accordion to perform for their grandmother (my great Aunt). No wonder none of
them deigned to speak their mother when they got  out on their own ( the girls
had to put the candles on their head for St Lucy too, and I think the annual
pictures in the newspaper of them opening up to all manner of cruelty from their
school friends didn’t help, either)..

Cheers,
Jim