[Magdalen] Modern technology!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:35:01 UTC 2015

My dentist's office can display my dental x-rays on a screen in front of me
just seconds after the x-rays are taken.

They can also display on the same screen the master schedule for each
dentist and hygienist, showing each patient's name, phone number, and
appointment time. I've also seen a screen listing patients' names, dates of
birth, and social security numbers. If I had a photographic memory, I could
have gone home with some highly valuable identity information in addition
to my little baggie holding a brand-new toothbrush and some toothpaste and
floss samples.

The hygienists really need to pay attention to the information they're
letting the system show on the patient's screen. This reminds me that I
need to email the dentist about this.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA