[Magdalen] Upper Midwest Twang.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 20 17:12:50 UTC 2015

I'm still researching the fate of hundreds of trees I planted in the
1970's in the vicinity of Marshmiller Lake, Chippewa County Wisconsin  USA.

A nice proprietress of a tavern/restaurant I used to frequent in those  days
was kind to provide me with the name of a life-long resident of that  area
who "knows everything" about the region.

After conversation with this man, in his early 70's, I can believe  the
proprietress' description.  He is fourth generation in that area, his  great
great grandfather having been given a tract of land for farming near
Marshmiller Lake in lieu of pay in 1865.

He was able to tell me the name of the bachelor farmer from whom I
bought my "80" in the 1970's, and the name of the farmer just next  door
with whom I used to go flying regularly in those days.  He has  offered
to help me in my query.

It is fun to hear his rural somewhat nasal Upper Midwestern  twang/accent.

I also recall the interesting, and not so uncommon living arrangement
of the bachelor farmer who sold me my "80".  There were two  bachelor
farmer brothers, and two bachelorette sisters all living together on
their farm.

And we think we invented unusual living arrangements!

David Strang.

D.