[Magdalen] Yo-Yo.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed May 20 18:20:35 UTC 2015

Yesterday we enjoyed (?) typical British weather.  A group of us went
over to the annual Cambridge Beer Festival, an event that's held in two
large marquees in an L shape and the space between them.  The weather
forecast was accurate, although I didn't hear any thunder.  In between
the sunny intervals we experienced significant rain, snow and heavy
hail.  Fortunately for the last two we were using the between session
break to get something to eat in town so we looked out on it from the
warmth of a restaurant.

During the rain showers, which were quite heavy at times, some stayed
outside in the open with, though some without, umbrellas. Where but
England would you see that, and where but Cambridge would you see
someone on his bicycle while carrying an umbrella?  I do not expect any
significant improvement in the weasther next week as Monday is a public
holiday, the schools are off for the week and it's the start of the
traditional holiday season.

Roger