[Magdalen] Yo-Yo.

Michael Bishop rev at michaelbishop.name
Wed May 20 18:31:30 UTC 2015

The Church Fete season begins for me this Friday evening so I hope we
have good weather - last year the rain started exactly at offocial
opening time and continued all evening.
This year I have an extra reason to hope that rainfall is low. On
Tuesday night/ Wednesday of last week St Andrew's Church, Radbourne
suffered from the visit of lead thieves who stole the entire rood of the
chancel. We are in fear that they will return to take the roof of the
nave and the aisle. All this is a disaster for a small congregation. I
am guessing that the cost of repaires will be perhaps 15,000 uk pounds
and our insurance will only provide a payment of half that. The maximum
insurance avaialble is 7,500 in any one year. This will mean that we
will be struggling to find the costs - and that is hard with a
congregation of around 18 on a very good day. I suppose it is the
disadvantage of having a grade one listed building (the most highest
grade of historic building) in a tiny village. Most of the building
dates from at least the 13th century. Please pray for us.

God bless

Michael Bishop
rev at michaelbishop.name

Rector of Boylestone, Church Broughton, Dalbury, Longford, Long Lane, Sutton-on-the-Hill & Trusley

Diocese of Derby, England