[Magdalen] Something cringe worthy...

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Thu May 21 22:48:35 UTC 2015

Trinity, sadly, is one of those small parishes with a firm division between
the early service (Rite I) and the late service (Rite II).

"We will also be performing a baptism for J****..." sits in my craw because
it sounds like Trinity will be 'putting on a show' for J****.  I would have
written "Please be joyful for J**** as he is baptized and brought into our
fellowship this Sunday..."

+++
Grace & peace,
Deacon Jon Egger

*“In every age it has been the tyrant, the oppressor and the exploiter who
has wrapped himself in the cloak of patriotism, or religion, or both to
deceive and overawe the People."(Eugene V. Debs, Anti-War Speech, June 16,
1918) *

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com