[Magdalen] memorial Day

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon May 25 12:24:43 UTC 2015

>Never sought the spotlight, but one of our better people.

I will say that I remember Gen Powell as quite different than the other military
brass taking courses at GWU. We were in various classes together -- Marketing
and Business Law. In one of the group projects in marketing, both he and another
military guy were in our small group, and Powell  and the other guy were often
in some conflict, but the rest of us pretty much rejected the bearing one so we
could actually get the project done.

And with all the [continuing] kerfuffle over the Iraq war, Gen. Powell's Pottery
Barn Rule stands out as the most prescient.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie