[Magdalen] Houston flooding

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue May 26 15:02:42 UTC 2015

In a message dated 5/26/2015 10:12:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Serious  storms here and west to SanAntonio last night. Much flooding in
cities and  bursting earthen dams and levees. Possible consideration for
federal disaster  aid.
Lynn>>>>>

The year I entered the Army Medical Corps, headquartered in San  Antonio
(1966), there were some Texas sized downpours that left this Upper
Midwestern
boy flabbergasted.

On one occasion a large parking lot in front of a strip mall suddenly
flooded
secondary to some deluge downpours, and a previously empty concrete
drainage ditch at one end of the lot.

Luckily, my car was at the high point of the parking lot, and wasn't  swept
away as were other vehicles.

Frightening!

David Strang......who otherwise loved San Antonio.