[Magdalen] Spine appt.

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Wed May 27 02:57:31 UTC 2015

Margaret Roth wrote a book years (decades?) ago on Christian Yoga, for
those afraid of the "religious implications" of yoga.  Since I'm retired, I
try to take 3 classes a week, since I'm not good at an individual home
practice.  For me, it's not a "fitness practice," but much more spiritual
than that -- maybe incarnational? -- strengthening the mind-body
connection, and leaving me with such deep gratitude for the healthy body
I've been given, and filled with light, compassion, and gratitude.  I keep
thinking that's a really good thing to be taking into the world, this
feeling of light, compassion,and gratitude.  I've learned quite a bit about
hindu/buddhist philosophy and belief, and am always excited about the
truths that are similar to Christianity.  But it's not about adopting
another faith, or anything like that.  Incarnational, "in the flesh,"
that's what it is.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY