[Magdalen] Percentage of life during wartime.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:05:59 UTC 2015

The Korean War (veteran) generals looked at Vietnam as THE Asian war to "win" right.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On May 27, 2015, at 8:18 AM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:

It should be noted that most, if not all, of the top officers/generals of WWII served in WWI. And some of them returned to Korea as well (MacArthur most famously, until Truman removed him for insubordination).

There were there were even a small number who fought in WWII, Korea and Viet Nam -- starting with Gen. William Westmoreland..

So participating I two wars has been common -- but three, maybe less so.

Of course, in the larger scheme of things, wars have been a consistent human theme as long as time, and certainly there have been continuing wars somewhere in the world during all of our lifetimes.

Cheers,
Jim