[Magdalen] Percentage of life during wartime.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed May 27 13:18:21 UTC 2015

It should be noted that most, if not all, of the top officers/generals of WWII
served in WWI. And some of them returned to Korea as well (MacArthur most
famously, until Truman removed him for insubordination).

There were there were even a small number who fought in WWII, Korea and Viet
Nam -- starting with Gen. William Westmoreland..

So participating I two wars has been common -- but three, maybe less so.

Of course, in the larger scheme of things, wars have been a consistent human
theme as long as time, and certainly there have been continuing wars somewhere
in the world during all of our lifetimes.

Cheers,
Jim