[Magdalen] To renew or not to renew....

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:03:18 UTC 2015

I have just finished the continuing education units to renew my licenses
(Licensed Marital and Family Therapist and Licensed Professional Counselor)
in July for the next two years.  (I delayed my surgery by two months to
finish CEUs.)  I still see a few clients.  I am also glad for the licenses
and malpractice insurance with the amount of pastoral care I have done at
Good Shepherd with our priest-in-charge not working a full schedule while
his wife was ill and not working at all since his wife died.  (He should be
back in late July.)  We have had a few dicey pastoral issues, including one
today.  But, I, too, struggled about renewing...it costs me more to be
licensed than it does not to be.  Continuing education is hugely
expensive.  I am thinking I won't renew in 1917...I'll be 70 then.  Will I
ever be ready to consider myself retired???  Doubtful.

It is an issue of meaning for me, as well.
Ginga