[Magdalen] To renew or not to renew....

Susan Hutchinson shutchinsonca at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:01:47 UTC 2015

Jay,

Almost 30 years ago, when my mother was dying of leukemia, we needed round the clock care to keep my mother at home. That meant that during the day, while my father and I were working, there needed to be someone in the house to manage and care for my mother. My father's retired military benefit would pay for the day time support, but would only pay for a licensed RN.

A long time friend, with whom my mother was not only comfortable, but companionable, renewed her license, with some difficulty, and was able to care for my mom while we were able to keep her at home. It was a very good thing for all parties. Unfortunately, my mother ended up with so much spinal degeneration from the steroid treatment that she could no longer remain at home, but was moved into hospital-based hospice, where she died.

My point is, sometimes there is a purpose for that license, who knows what it might be. You never know when or where your special training and experience may be wanted and needed. Unless it is a great hardship, I'd consider renewing the license.

love and blessings
Susan

On 2015-05-27, at 7:50 AM, Jay Weigel wrote:

> My nursing license is up for renewal this year and I need to do it by the
> 15th of next month. I am of two minds whether to do it or not.

The Rev. Susan Hutchinson
604-319-7148
shutchinsonca at gmail.com