[Magdalen] Line of Storms.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 27 20:00:34 UTC 2015

We just had a sharp line of thunder showers pass through, and they  dumped
a welcome 2" rain.

I wouldn't quite say we're in a drought, though the PA Governor has
declared that there is such in 27 counties of the NE portion of the  State
including Luzerne and Lackawanna (Wilkes-Barre/Hazleton and Scranton)
counties.

Today was one of the few times I've seen a well formed line of storms  come
into the
western portion of Pennsylvania, and march along, west to east in
an orderly fashion.  Usually here, such storms are broken up by  the
mountains, and what you see on radar in the west is not what you get
in the east.

Storms in the Upper Midwest were generally much easier to read,
and if there was such a storm in the Twin Cities of MN at, say 10 PM
you could bet on seeing the same line of storms in Eau Claire, WI
90 miles west by midnight.

David Strang.