[Magdalen] inkjet printer question

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Fri May 29 16:26:01 UTC 2015

We have an HP Photosmart which goes through ink like it was water - not
recommended. And, along those lines, don't get an inkjet printer intended
for photo applications unless that's what you need it for - they tend to use
more ink. OTOH, I have an HP OfficeJet which has served me well for a number
of years and is much more stingy on ink.

You do know, I assume, that inkjet printers are priced artificially low so
they can price the cartridges artificially high. So a $50 inkjet printer
will get you in ink cartridge costs.

In general laser printers have lower operating costs than do inkjets. The
toner cartridges are more expensive but they usually last much longer.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com