[Magdalen] Gang wars continue

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat May 30 13:38:32 UTC 2015

Last July I wrote about my horror at having heard the 10 shots fired just
one block away from our apartment, with one of the shots killing a young
man waiting for a bus. Previously last February, a young man was shot to
death outside the McDonald's in the neighborhood north of us (Rogers Park).
Both of those killings happened because a car full of gang members were
shooting at a rapper called Young Pappy; obviously they missed and hit a
bystander instead.

They finally got their target a couple of days ago: Young Pappy, who
apparently lived just a block east of us, was shot to death in Uptown, the
neighborhood south of us.

May the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA