[Magdalen] Gap year (or more)

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat May 30 17:33:51 UTC 2015

I may have mentioned my fellow intern (Internships still existed in 1962,
and
there were 46 of us at the Minneapolis (Hennepin County) General  Hospital
in my class.

This young female physician was pregnant when she started her  internship,
but not showing.  By the time she did show, she had redeemed herself  as
a bright and energetic physician, and the hospital authorities let her
continue
on.

She was, by coincidence, on the OBGyn Service the night she went into
labor, and simply threw herself on a gurney, was wheeled into the  delivery
room and birthed a bouncing baby boy.  Three days later she was back  on
the job as though nothing had happened.

Tough girl!

David Strang.