[Magdalen] Gap year (or more)

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat May 30 18:24:33 UTC 2015

My roommate married during my sophomore (her junior) year of college. She
continued to live in the dorm during the week and her husband continued to
inhabit the house he shared with several fellow football players, but they
spent weekends together. I'm not clear as to exactly why they got married
when they did as she was *not* pregnant, but I have my suspicions. Anyway,
we didn't discuss things of "that" nature except that she said after the
first weekend, "You are sure going to enjoy being married!" (I was, at the
time, looking forward to the return from Germany of my first love, whose
term had been extended by the Berlin crisis. We were discussing marriage.
That of course, did not happen.)