[Magdalen] Pilgrimage

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun May 31 19:35:52 UTC 2015

On 31/05/2015 12:58, Louise Laughton wrote:
> To Roger: Thanks for your pilgrimage post. It was fun to refer to our former AbC as “ your Cousin Rowan” when mentioning him to my Williams son-in-law. And, your mention of Little Gidding brought back memories of a lovely afternoon spent there several years ago. Glad it wasn’t too crowded for you.

The pilgrimage was so big there was no chance of getting in Little
Gidding church so Evensong was brought forward to the previous station
at Steeple Gidding with the station at Little Gidding being round
Nicholas Ferrar's tomb.  It was good to see how relaxed both former
Primates were now that the burden of office no longer rested on their
shoulders.

Roger