[Magdalen] Three Sisters.

Christopher Hart cervus51 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:21:47 UTC 2015

David,

A nice analysis of these three parishes, but a few additions/correction if
you will allow me. First of all, Good Shepherd never adopted the 82 Hymnal.
They did, as you said, use a form of the 79 BCP which they published as The
Anglican Service Book.

Second, although women clergy my not yet have celebrated mass at St.
Clement's, one did preach at the installation of the current rector to whom
you refer. He left Good Shepherd to take the reins at St. Clement's a
little more than a year ago, so he has been the rector of all three
parishes at one time or another.

Finally, that former rector of Good Shepherd who got himself ordained a
bishop in another Anglican group eventually parted ways with that group as
well and attempted (unsuccessfully) to get accepted into the RC Ordinariate
as a priest, taking about half of the Good Shepherd congregation with him.
His shenanigans (which include suing his bishop) are largely responsible
for the decline of that parish rather than simply their liturgical and
theological stances.

--

Christopher Hart