[Magdalen] Talk for St. George's Cathedral, All Saints Celtic service

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sun Nov 8 00:03:28 UTC 2015

Clarissa, I, too, just read this beautiful offering by Molly earlier this
afternoon.  I can't begin to say what this community has meant to me over
the 18 years (almost exactly) since I joined.  It was my very first
semester in seminary, and my very first encounter with email and the
internet, and I found you guys (anglican at american.edu) that first fall.  I
was feeling so displaced and out of place and lonely, and it was so lovely
to be welcomed into this community, and taught about what church *really*
is (as opposed to what they teach you in seminary about what the church is).

Thank you, Molly, and thanks, Sib, for the list of "list saints," and
thanks to you all for your presence and your comments on this thread.  The
older I get, the more my communion of saints means to me.  I also see that
throng of saints streaming in -- every Sunday when I celebrate the
Eucharist, but most of all on All Saints' Sunday.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu