[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 17:09:17 UTC 2015

At my former parish (there for 22 years) here in town the rector made it "dry" about 10 years into his tenure in the late 1990s. Only real pushback which pretty much disappeared in a year or so was the loss of serving/selling wine and beer at the dinner culmination of a huge weekend-long fundraiser put on annually by our ECW. We all got over it.

OTOH he had no real experience with any "recovery" programs or people in need of such, personally or tangentially. But he did a good thing.

(The next rector, of whom I've spoken in the past, quickly reversed that policy).

Lynn

Sent from my iPhone