[Magdalen] Time is -- uh ....

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 1 17:37:05 UTC 2015

On 01/11/2015 13:53, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:

> In a message dated 11/1/2015 8:28:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:
>
> We're  going to a place where daylight savings doesn't exist -- it's  called
> Arizona.">>>>>>>>
>
> I wonder how the Europeans can get along on continuous DST
> and we can't?

Excuse me, we have DST over here as well but change at different times
from you (last Sundays in March and October).  Some years ago there was
an experiment for a couple of winters of keeping it year-round in the UK
but that was dropped.  A big part of the problem was the North West of
Scotland as it meant children going to school in the dark at the same
time as other commuters.  The end of the school day was before the
ebening rush hour so that was not such a problem.  Most of Western
Europe is on GMT + 1hr over the winter but moves forward another hour
for the Simmer.  Portugal stays in time with the UK.

Roger