[Magdalen] Prayers requested--Janice injured in car accident

thedonboyd at austin.rr.com thedonboyd at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 17:59:48 UTC 2015

IF I HAVE ALREADY SENT THIS TO YOU, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES.  I AM NOT EXACTLY FIRING ON ALL CYLINDERS TODAY.

Janice and I were in a car accident yesterday. I was driving her home from a meeting(she broke a bone in her right foot two weeks ago and thus cannot drive). I have no recollection of the collision at all. None whatsoever. A police officer has said I ran a red light but I don't
know how he came by that information. The last thing I remember is waiting at
the light for the green arrow pointing to the left to come on.

Janice's injuries are serious though not life-threatening.  They include
fractured vertebrae in her neck, fractured ribs, partial collapse of one lung,
and other traumata I cannot recall at the moment.   She is in ICU  and will have to have surgery (for the fractures of neck vertebrae.)  Don't know details. (Between pain meds and my [mild] concussion I am fairly loopy.)I have blunt force trauma to abdomen, contusions to chest wall, and concussion but nothing broken. I'm at home. Our daughter Sarah brought me
home from the ER and is shuttling back and forth between the two of us, bless
her heart.

I believe that Janice is in good hands so far as her medical care is concerned.

Not certain about the occupant(s?) of the car that collided with ours (I assume
"T-bone" strike on the passenger (Janice's) side of the car.) The people who
worked the accident scene were gone by the time I was lucid enough to want to
know.  There was a third car involved somehow.  From the copy of the brief
police report I was given I have the impression that there were no injuries to
people in either of the other cars.