[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 20:08:25 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> We have but one Indian Restaurant that I'm aware of in the metro
> area (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton).  I have always liked the food but I am  not
> a critic of Indian Cuisine. I do wish the restaurant were more  centrally
> located than it is at the edge of Scranton - about 45 minutes away  when
> the traffic is moderate.

We live not far from Chicago's Devon (rhymes with Yvonne) Avenue
Indian/Pakistani neighborhood, with dozens of restaurants of all
levels of quality. We have a favorite Indian buffet place and a
favorite white-tablecloths-yet-not-expensive tandoori place. Another
place is famous but we've walked out after never having a waiter visit
us (but the man at the door very warmly bade us a lovely evening and
come see us again...not likely). Lots of Indian sweets shops, too, and
a large, busy Indian market.

The Reverend Mother of the convent at our church is from Kerala in
India and can be counted on for curry and rice at any potluck.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA