[Magdalen] PB installation

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 21:02:23 UTC 2015

Well, I watched all but about the first half hour of the service here at
home, and it was wonderful!  I realized that I probably saw more than I
would have if I'd been there in person.  I had downloaded the service
booklet, so I could participate as much as I wanted, even to singing the
hymns.  And had both cats on my lap to boot!

One of the most moving moments for me was during the singing of the Lord's
Prayer.  The altar party was standing behind the altar holding hands, and I
realized that Barbara Harris was next to Curry. She had been seated in the
first row in the transept, so he must have called her up to be with him.
The first woman bishop in the Anglican Communion--also
African-American--standing with the first African-American PB--what an
image!
I was a senior in seminary when Harris was elected and consecrated, and a
bunch of us went up to Boston on the train to be there. She had quite a
rough go of it for awhile.

Curry's sermon, as expected, was very long--and very good.

As an aside, does anyone know what Ed Browning is up to these days? He
wasn't at the chapel dedication at VTS a few weeks ago, though Griswold was
there, and it occurred to me that I haven't heard anything about him for
quite awhile.

Grace

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*We must cry out against injustice or by our silence consent to it.
Dorothy Day*