[Magdalen] Time is -- uh ....

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Nov 2 19:49:06 UTC 2015

Further south you go in winter, the longer the days. A day gets to about six
months long all the way at the South Pole. Likewise night lasts about six months
at the North Pole.

Sunset in Key West, Florida today is at 6:46.PM, while in Cleveland (both
slightly more than 81 degrees west) it's 5:20 PM. Go further north to Moosenee,
which is lightly less than 81 W, Sunset is 4:54 PM

It's funny how we grouse at the man-invented determining factor (state borders)
but don’t note nature's own rules (latitude).

Maybe those anti-big gummint Republicans not only reflect our own disdain for
science and the physical universe, but also reflect our views on the evils of
big gummint setting time zone borders at state lines?

Cheers,
Jim