[Magdalen] Local election

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 4 19:51:53 UTC 2015

The only thing on my ballot was an elementary school board position, the incumbent for which -- the old friend of the family whose father was the reason I live in Salinas and not El Centro -- not winning re-election.  She wasn't slaughtered by any means, but she was last.  Oh well.

Why are school board politics so inherently nasty?  Time and money was wasted two years ago when not enough signatures were collected to force her into a recall election.  And of course she's now out.