[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:53:42 UTC 2015

My former parish in Tennessee very occasionally served alcohol, usually
only on special occasions. There were always numerous alternatives
available, and no one EVER spiked the punch. That would not have gone over
well. The biggest uproar occurred when the priest (the one who caused me to
leave that parish) decided unilaterally that all coffee served should be of
the decaffeinated variety. This did not go over well at all, either with
much of the congregation or with the hospitality committee. He pushed it.
Attendance at coffee hour went down dramatically. I don't know what
happened after that, because I left shortly after.