[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:25:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Charles Wohlers
<charles.wohlers at verizon.net> wrote:
> This has not been my experience at all. In the 30 years I spent in my parish
> in Mass., there was never any alcohol at church events, and I don't recall
> it ever being an issue. Same with other parishes I've belonged to or had
> contact with. These are all in New England, so that may be the difference.
> Lee confirms that in some places alcohol is common and a problem, but in
> most church events we're familiar with (again, in New England) there is
> little or no alcohol.

Seems reasonable to me that a church could be alcohol-free (yes, I
know there's alcohol in Communion wine; I'm talking beverages by the
glass). I don't think anyone would feel their rights are being
violated if a church didn't have alcoholic beverages available at any
given function. Those who must have alcohol can certainly go elsewhere
for that after the event.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA