[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 5 20:25:57 UTC 2015

On 05/11/2015 19:21, Jim Guthrie wrote:
>> the decaffeinated variety. This did not go over well at all, either with
>> much of the congregation or with the hospitality committee. He pushed
>> it.
>
> We had a Rector who did the same thing. And since he was diabetic,
> nothing at coffee hour or any other event could have sugar in it,
> either. And certainly no alcohol as well.

I would have thought that Christian charity and humility meant not
making a big thing about your dietary restrictions, and certainly not
imposing them on others.  Yes, provide attractive alternatives that meet
those requirements but don't require all people to have them.  The
decaffeinated coffee imposed in that way would also stop me going to
coffee hour.

Roger