[Magdalen] Canada's new government

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 20:28:51 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Roger Stokes
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Is there ever a time when the USA is not gearing up for some election when
> you take into account the primaries?  Obviouslu there are congressional
> elections every two years and,as we have seen in recent days, elections on
> the in-between years as well.  Add to that the number of posts they have to
> vote for and it doesn't surprise me that turnout can be very low.  People
> are suffering from election fatigue.

We had no election on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in
November -- the annual traditional Election Day -- but we'll have one
of our "bedsheet ballot" elections on Primary Election Day in March.
Here's what the Chicago elections board expects for that election...

At the March 15, 2016 Primary Elections, Chicago voters will cast
ballots to NOMINATE candidates for these offices:
  - Presidential Preference
  - U.S. Senator
  - State Comptroller (Vacancy - 2-year unexpired term)
  - Representatives in Congress (all districts)
  - State Senators (2-year terms in Districts 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17 and
20; 4-year terms in Districts 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16 and 28)
  - State Representatives (all districts)
  - Commissioners of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (3
for 6-year terms and 1 for an unexpired 2-year term)
  - Cook County Circuit Court Clerk
  - Cook County State's Attorney
  - Cook County Recorder of Deeds
  - Board of Review (Tax Appeals) Commissioners: District 1 for
four-year term; District 2 for two-year term
  - Supreme, Appellate, Circuit and Subcircuit Judges to fill
vacancies if required

At the March 15, 2016 Primary Elections, Chicago voters will cast
ballots to ELECT candidates to the following:
  - Delegates and Alternate Delegates to National Nominating Convention
        Note: Delegates at Large and Alternate Delegates at Large may
be elected at the Primary, or selected by the State Convention, or
chosen by a combination of the two methods.
  - Ward Committeemen for the Democratic and Republican Parties, one
per party per ward in the City of Chicago

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA