[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Nov 5 21:11:10 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/5/2015 1:30:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
revegger at gmail.com writes:

In  speaking with older, retired clergy, almost all report that in the
1960s
and early 70s "Vestry meetings always had an open bar."  I am  more than
sure that, the opening of women to vestries and ordination,  helped changed
that.>>>>>

I've recounted in these pages how I first broached the subject of  making
the Eau Claire Cathedral Complex smoke free, and the choking of both
the Cathedral Dean and his secretary who were chain smokers.

It was nervously tabled.  The next year the insurance on the  buildings
required it.

David Strang.