[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 05:40:50 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/5/2015 11:25:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

David,  do you recall a special sweet cake that is flavored with  anise?
Lynn>>>>>>>

No I don't and I think I'd remember such a cake because of the
distinctive flavor of licorice.

My mother and Aunt Helen did their Christmas baking together,
and each specialized in 3 or 4 types.  Many of them were very
labor intensive, but they seemed to enjoy the process.

The most memorable to me was mother's krumkakke ("crumb
cake") which were thin as paper, and melt in the mouth.

There was one lady in my home town that did the rosettes for the
entire community.  No one could come close to her expertise,
so no one bothered.

David Strang.