[Magdalen] Heather Cook

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 05:21:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 9:49 PM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:
> I get the impression that although Cumin is an old spice, it was not
> familiar to
> most American palates.

A late friend of mine was a major fan of this liqueur:

Kümmel, also called kummel or kimmel, is a sweet, colorless liqueur
flavored with caraway seed, cumin, and fennel.

...and lived in Michigan, where apparently this liqueur is not on the
state's wholesale list, which means you can't buy it. And you can't
send it into Michigan. He often implored me to FedEx him some (we have
the Binny's chain, which carries it) and mark the box "Printer's Ink."
Yeah, right.

Who knew it would be a banned substance in Michigan? (A state that
controls alcohol by requiring all retailers to buy from the
state...and prices are set by the state, so you'll never see a "sale"
price on, say, vodka).

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA