[Magdalen] Books to inspire and comfort

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 12:27:49 UTC 2015

A psychiatrist told me that, despite the fact that he was a practicing Jew,
C.S. Lewis' The Problem of Pain was the most helpful book he encountered in
his residency. Perhaps too much for your patients, though. Better for
people working with patients.

We maintained a small collection of books written for non-medical people on
various illnesses and conditions, and they were heavily used. I myself am
quite visual and find coffee table books of photos (Sierra Club or baby
portraits) helpful when waiting for appointments, but that's just me.
-M