[Magdalen] Coffee Hour arrangements (was Re: Heather Cook)

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 21:28:06 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 2:10 AM, Roger Stokes
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> There's a difference between the Priest in Charge calling the congregation
> for their behaviour and it being done by an associate. The associate is
> outside the power base so he has a degree of independence and not so much
> personal involvement.  This means it can be more dispassionate, pointiung to
> how Christians should behave and without any basis for allegations of
> self-defence.

It was an assisting priest, as it turns out: Fr. Jim Dunkerley,
retired as longtime rector of St Peter's, Lake View, Chicago. Anyway,
it was a message urging a stewardship commitment but not just of money
and time: a commitment to reconciliation and to being part of what God
plans for our parish's future. It means sacrificing our "rightness,"
anger, resentment, and whatever else hinders us.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA