[Magdalen] When you come to a fork in the road take it

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 23:40:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Marion Thompson
<marionwhitevale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Jay.  I'm feeling pretty low.  It probably weighs a lot more on me
> than him, but it's the place I've called home for seven years.  He holds
> that the form of the liturgy has caused people to leave,  "people have
> said".  Well, let them be named.  " I haven't changed anything", he says.

{{{Marion}}}

That "People have said" stuff is the pits...we've had lots of that in
our parish's recent snarls.

You've been patient long enough with this, and it sounds like you were
quite justified to let your views be known in clear terms to your PIC.
How hard would it be for him to just say what he wants you to do
regarding the PoP? "I'd like them to be similar in length and style to
the following example..." or "I'd really like to write them myself."
Whatever is behind his rewriting. Here's hoping the bishop can help
with an insightful suggestion or resolution. You don't need the PIC
wasting your time as he has been.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA