[Magdalen] Talk for St. George's Cathedral, All Saints Celtic service

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 02:37:47 UTC 2015

i suppose I should not speak ill of the dead, so as to speak, but there's
no question that Jeffry Barnes and I carried on running arguments for at
least a decade, maybe two decades, on this list and on TOL (the other list,
otherwise known as StSam's). I was an All Saints, Pasadena, type liberal,
and, for most years, he was a neocon, although he mellowed. But he was
unhappy with the direction of the Episcopal Church and left it for a more
congenial conservative environment in Orthodoxy.

In those days, there was an understanding that people on one list would not
discuss the other list in any manner. From time to time, he became a member
of this list, left it, but then angrily expressed his contempt, on the
other list, of the interests of the people here.

I wasn't much impressed and sometimes was not charitable here. I apologize
for not restraining myself better.

--
Allan Carr