[Magdalen] Duncan to retire

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 14:12:29 UTC 2015

I remember attending one of the daily Masses favored by the  conservatives
at the most recent Minneapolis TEC General Convention.  It was  held in the
gorgeous chapel of the downtown Westminster Presbyterian Church,  which
was large, but not large enough for the assemblage of coped and mitred
bishops trying to get into the chapel sanctuary.  Duncan looked
uncomfortable
in the company of all those high church bishops there, as I  recall.  They
came
off as just a little frantic and more than a little silly packed in like
sardines.

The Westminster Chapel is one of several gorgeous chapels tacked onto
very ugly "Akron Plan" Protestant churches.  Another such chapel  various
special interest groups used at that convention was the equally  beautiful
Hennepin Avenue Methodist Chapel.  All these chapels look like a  medium
sized Episcopal churches.

Episcopalians can be thankful they never got into the "Akron Plan."

David Strang.