[Magdalen] Duncan to retire

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 16:01:30 UTC 2015

In a message dated 11/11/2015 10:48:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

So if  one started out liberal or conservative to begin  with.....>>>>>>>

My dormitory room mate one year was from my home town, and
a wild-eyed Democrat.  In fact, he ran one of Hubert Humphrey's
campaigns in Wisconsin out of our dorm room.  There were
various Democratic personages coming and going, and it was quite
a year.  I was a liberal Republican like most of my family at the  time.

He graduated from UW-Madison with a Political Science degree and
somehow found his way into the real estate business.  Imagine my
surprise when I chatted with him some years later to discover he had  gone
conservative Republican.  Meanwhile, I had gone the other way,  and
was on my way to become a Yellow Dog Democrat.

A sort of ships passing in the dark affair.

David Strang.